Thursday, August 26, 2004

Reason #148 why it sucks to be Canadian

Imagine the uproar if an American politician, say Tom Daschle, called the French "bastards". A diplomatic bru-ha-ha would ensue with much apology and kow-towing. Now imagine he followed up by calling the French and those who support them "idiots".

Got it in your head? Good. Now imagine it was actually a Candian saying it about the U.S.

What hurts worse, Canada? The fact that no one here gives a damn or the fact that it only gets reported in the "Oddly enough" section of Reuters.

2 Comments:

Blogger after-work said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your advance cash on line blog.

11:34 PM  
Blogger hardtimes said...

Born with 3 disabilities which made it impossible to get a job without someone helping me get one. When I managed to get a job on my own it never lasted very long because of the speed on how fast I learn. "If you don't learn a job very fast then it must not be for you". I was even refused admittance into the Canadian armed forces. Also, a lot of schools refused my admission because of the way I learn. They say that their not set up to teach someone like me.
Well guess what I got some of my education in the US and found jobs in Europe that I couldn't get here.
Oh yea, to make things worse I was not allowed to practise my craft in the city in which I live even after using it to volunteer my services with out of the cold program for two years. Good enough to do for free but not good enough to make a living. I've had many professionals write to the city on my behalf which only fell on deaf ears. The way it is going now I will become homeless in a very short

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise