Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Tim McCarver update

Well,

Tim has not lived down to his normal standards this year. That, coupled with the fact that he was covering the American League (which means I didn't see much of him), means the TimMcCarver contest is somewhat of a let down.

In last night's game he did have a classic with his: "We might see him throw down a bunt here" only to watch the batter wildly swing at the pitch. "Or he might swing away" Joe Buck responded.

There was also a bit in game seven in NY where they cut down to the field with Chris Myers (What the hell did Chris do to end up as the 4 man, incidentally?). Myers did a little bit about how only two teams in the history of sport had come from a 3-0 deficit to win a best of 7 series and both of them were in hockey. It had never been done in baseball before. Back up to the booth.

Then McCarver says (I paraphrase): What Chris didn't tell you is that it has never been done in baseball before. Both times it has happened have been in hockey.

Bravo, Tim.

1 Comments:

Blogger zom-bie said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
You got me! I will check out your cash in advance blog a.s.a.p!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise