Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Bright Side

So Kerry conceded this afternoon--big win for Max and his band of merry fascists, I suppose. Actually, I wasn't terribly emotionally involved in this particular race until yesterday afternoon, when I got home and watched my TiVoed episode of ESPN's Pardon the Interruption. At the end of a live interview, Charles Barkley proclaimed "If George W. Bush wins, I will run for governor of Alabama."

Think what you want about Barkley's personality, but he does embody one virtue above all others--the man speaks what he believes to be the truth. No bullshit, no pandering, just Chuck. Sort of the same quality that people extoll in W, except that Barkley entertains as well as educates. So he's serious. And if anyone wants to hop on, I'm driving the Round Mound in 2006 bandwagon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise