Friday, January 07, 2005

A Little Royal Advice for King Factorman

Wow. It's only January, and the Factor is already calling for an undefeated season and doing the Humpty Dance. That sort of premature jocularity makes me want to cover my eyes like... well... like Dee Brown. If I were you, Factorman, I'd be praying for that first loss right about now. It'll be right around 20-0 or so that Digger Phelps starts analyzing the rest of the schedule, and Dickie V starts yelling for some other Big 10 team to step up and play your Illini. Right around 23-0, that matchup with Northwestern starts to look a lot scarier than it did in November. And at about 32-0, at the end of an undefeated season--oh boy--that first round tournament matchup with sixteenth-seeded Northwest Southern Alabama Tech State seems awfully dicey. Yup, if I were you, Factor, I'd put my pants on, don my finest purple and red stripes on game day, turn off your ESPN2 and look into getting busy in a Burger King bathroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Factor said...

"If I were you, Factorman, I'd be praying for that first loss right about now."

That's what they told Patriots fans last year in the midst of their regular season winning streak. And we all remember their massive playoff collapse.

Just let me dream, Haberman, for the love of Jessica Alba, just let me dream.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise