Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Breaking News

I get breaking news updates e-mailed to me from ABC.com and CNN.com. One thing I have noticed over time is that ABC.com is always 5 minutes or so faster to my inbox than CNN.com. On the other hand, if you click the link to the ABC news story, they don't have a story posted on their website. CNN does. I think ABC's strategy is to get the headline out quickly while the write up is still being done. CNN waits to have the write up online, then breaks the story.

If you watch the television stations, all news stations will break the story before the details are in place (before they have a write up ready). That means that CNN's internet strategy actually slows down slightly their breaking news feature. Odd to see the internet slowing down the transfer of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise