Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dissertation Update

For those who know me: the dissertation is done. I expect to hear from my advisor today that everyone is signing off. Yesterday he sent a brilliant e-mail to them that basically said: "Hey, he did everything we asked him to do, he was responsive to all our issues, you could come by my office and read the final draft if you really, really felt you needed to, but otherwise just tell me you are willing to sign off."

Incidentally, my advisor has a point. The final edits were minor and I detailed them in a 6 page letter to the committee. Rereading the whole dissertation would have been an enormous waste of their time. So, next week I go to turn in paperwork and here the words my advisor tells all his PhD graduates: "You are no longer educatable; go get a job".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise